Wednesday, May 24, 2017

SUMMER SHRIMP SALAD

Have you ever craved shrimp, but didn't know what to make and you really didn't want shrimp cocktail or shrimp and pasta? This one is for you. It's my take on Aguachile (Google this) and it is so yummy and absolutely perfect for the Summer!

It's lemony, spicy, so yummy and healthy, you seriously cannot go wrong with this dish. Also, it would be perfect as an appetizer and paired with a good beer!

I have been making this for Jack and I pretty often as it is pretty simple with not many ingredients. Every single time I make it, Jack cannot stop talking about it. It's so good.

You'll need:

This makes about 4-5 servings, but trust me, once you make it, you'll want to eat way more than just one serving.

  • 2 bags of uncooked jumbo shrimp- try to get the ones already deveined without the shell. It makes life so much easier especially when you have kids.
  • 2 cucumbers- sliced and in quarters.
  • 2-3 tomatoes- depending on size. I used 3 Roma tomatoes.
  • 2-3 serrano chilies or jalapeƱo if that's what you prefer. We love serranos because they're spicier. Sliced thinly.
  • Cilantro bunch- we love cilantro and I put a decent amount here.
  • 3/4 of a red onion- julienned
  • The juice of 4-5 big limes, more if you like lemony things like we do.
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp. soy sauce
Thaw raw shrimp, once thawed with the shell and tail off, I like to clean them as much as I can, I then take my paring knife and butterfly them a bit more. Cook them in boiling water until fully cooked but still a little tender.

In a casserole, combine all veggies, lime juice and spices. Add the shrimp and mix thoroughly without mushing the tomato. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. The longer the shrimp and veggies marinate in the lime juice and chilies, the better it will taste! If you make this once, I guarantee you you will make it part of your menu.

I hope you like this! Let me know if you tried it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...