Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap.

Man, these posts are all I seem to write about lately. Life has kept me so busy!

Friday was such a nice day. I got a call from my mom at work telling me she would be cooking for us and to stop by to pick up dinner at her house. Hell yeah! We ate her delicious food and didn't have to go through the tedious and routine "Where do we go? I don't know. What do you want? Whatever you want?" Ugh! Jack and I do this every.single.time. Maybe because we aren't picky at all and can eat anything (I guess this explains my weight gain). My mom's food was sooo good. My best friend then came over to see Elliot (that's what happens when you have kids, you become secondary to your friends and family ha!) and we had a beer and talked, while she played with Elliot. Of course.

Saturday morning we had to be ready early to go get our inspection stickers because they were about to expire. I work on the military post and you can't get in unless you are current on registration and inspection. Hmm, maybe I should have let it expire so I could stay home :) So to the West side of town we headed and while Jack's car was also getting an oil change, we headed out for lunch. Jack wanted Middle Eastern food and so we went to the restaurant that my dad used to own. It was the weirdest, saddest, I-don't-know-how-to-explain-it feeling it the whole world. Kind of depressing actually. I had not set foot in it since my dad had sold it and didn't think I would ever, but since I had no idea who the owners were (if I had known them I wouldn't have been there) I gave it a shot. The food was okay although a lot changed. I can honestly say that my dad was the best cook the restaurant ever had.

The place itself, decorations, ambiance, etc, changed so much. Nothing looked the same (except for the music playing and I told Jack I should have taken those CD's since they were mine). Hearing the music brought familiarity back to me, and I just couldn't shake off the fact that I had painted that wall, I had stained those tables, I had hung that painting (or helped at least), I stood right there waiting for the food to come out, I cleaned those floors. It was also remodeled (which they did a horrible job at). You get the feeling. We worked so hard for a dream that quickly vanished when my dad gave up on everything. You can read what I'm talking about here.

Anyway, I went because Jack was craving it, but I think that will be the last time we go there. The food was definitely not the same anymore. After that, Jack saw that I was sad and kept asking me if I was okay. He said he would take me shopping after to cheer me up. It worked, ha, nothing a little retail therapy can't cure. I was happy that we took care of his craving too! We stopped by Bath and Body Works. Their candles? A-mazing! They have the best scents of all time for Fall! I am not a big fan of sweet or food/dessert smelling candles, I'm more of a fresh, fruity scents and I found this pumpkin apple one that is the perfect combination! Not too sweet but you still get that feeling of the holidays. They are also on sale right now!



I also did some more Fall decorating and bought some goodies for some DYI'ing I have in mind for Halloween! Jack helped me with some of it and we will start the actual decorating next weekend! I can't wait! Seriously, Pinterest has the best ideas and by tweaking them and adding your own ideas and touches you can make really awesome things. Check out some of my inspiration ideas here.





Sunday was the best day out of the week! We relaxed, did grocery shopping, front yard cleaning (well Jack did), cooking, cleaning and laundry but for some reason the day lasted for ages! It was the best. Spending all that time with Elliot and Jack just makes me the happiest and I already can't wait for next weekend.



In other news, Button has two teeth! Jack and I get a kick out of him because we see them every time he smiles or laughs. So cute! He's growing way too fast for us.



Hope you all had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Your wreath turned out great! And loving those teeth!!! So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww look at those little teeth! They change the smile so much. The sunnies are killing me. I love DIY decorations, great job on the wreath. Excited to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boy is so cute, love those lashes! and i love that wreath! new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...